Originated from Asian countries thousands of years back, Feng Shui is an ancient belief that energy is scattered everywhere and also all the energies are connected. Picking up on this belief, the practice of feng shui was implemented while building homes. Reason – to create a calm and balanced environment in the house.
Initially, feng shui doesn’t seem like to be effective for anybody. But once you understand how it creates a path towards guiding the energies to build a harmonious life, you will not be able to help yourself in imparting feng shui in every aspect of your dwelling.
Here a few feng shui tips to help you start with.
- If you haven’t been feeling at ease in your bedroom, maybe it is the bed that causes the discomfort. You should able to view the door from your bed, but never place it directly opposite to the door. Maybe you can try keeping it perpendicular to the wall of the door. Also, decorate the room with equal sized night stands or lamps.
- Never place your desk against the wall with a window. You may think that it will give a good view of the surroundings, but for better focus on your work set your desk from where you can view the whole room.
- Include all 5 elements in your interior theme. Decorate in a way that each room will remind you of water, fire, wood, earth, and metal. You can substitute things that evoke the same feelings instead of using actual elements.
- Now that you have included the 5 elements in the house, the next thing to consider is their location. Place them in a strategic manner to improve your luck. For example, a water feature near your home’s entrance signifies good financial health.
- Avoid having darkness in the corners of the house as they bring danger. So place items like plants, accent chairs, bookshelves, or other furniture to soften them up.